This week’s WordPress’s Photo Challenge is Juxtaposition. Here are some images that sprang to mind:
1. Two soldiers lost in conversation at the Gettysburg 150th National Civil War Battle Reenactment
2. An idyllic statue of James and Dolley Madison against reconstructed slave quarters at their Montpelier estate
3. A colorful kite against the weathered walls of El Morro, the 16-century Spanish citadel guarding Old San Juan, Puerto Rico
4. Curious artifacts at the George Washington Masonic National Memorial in Alexandria, VA
5. And, finally, a red-breasted nuthatch, a welcome sign of life in the snow-clad Blackwater Falls State Park
Some other challenge entries:
- Juxtaposition: A Photo Essay by ThirdEyeMom
- Lighthouse 2.0 by Once Upon Each Day
- Ship of the Desert by Doublewhirler
Lovely choices! Your “curious artifacts” photo made our day- nice composition!
I really like the soldiers shot 🙂
Those 2 soldiers say it all!
Yep, the two soldiers – brilliant!
Love this post. Beautiful.
Pingback: Unexpected Pairings | Pairings: Art + What Goes With It
Love your collection of photos…They really create some interesting thoughts.
All well chosen but that first photo is the perfect example – really well done!
Great selections – the first one is just perfect!
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge / B4 Retouch: Juxtaposition (Class at Musée d’Orsay) | What's (in) the picture?
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Bark Time = everything and nothing
Pingback: Day 14: Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Dublin + 1 picture = 365 days!
Two soldier out form different time periods discussing the same problems and sharing there experience. Great shot.
Pingback: Caged |Weekly Photo Challenge: Juxtaposition | Ireland, Multiple Sclerosis & Me
The George Washington shot makes me smile. And the two soldiers is simply stunning.
Pingback: Weekly Photo Challenge: JUXTAPOSITION | The Adventures of Iñigo Boy
I really enjoyed this post!
Really nice examples of juxtaposition, great post.